The State of New Jersey
Weatherization Assistance Program
The Weatherization Assistance Program is a nationwide program to assist homeowners and tenants in improving the energy efficiency of their homes or apartments. Funding for this program comes from the State of New Jersey and the Federal Government and is administered by local non-profit agencies.
Team Walker has the task of Outreaching and Marketing to all income eligible residents of Jersey City. Eligible residents include low-income persons such as the elderly, handicapped and single mothers with children.
Typical weatherization activities include:
- Air sealing to reduce infiltration
- Attic Insulation
- Sidewall Insulation
- Floor Insulation
- Pipe and/or Duct insulation
- Limited Energy Related Repairs
- Window or Door Replacement
- Other improvements the program may cover include: sealing air leaks, furnace safety testing, and refrigerator replacement, replacing incandescent lights with compact fluorescents, installing storm windows and doors and providing conservation information.
- Homes also receive a thorough evaluation of the heating system as well as health and safety testing of all combustion appliances. Local licensed and insured private-sector weatherization contractors complete the work at no cost to the residents. The State of New Jersey representative inspects all completed work to be certain that the authorized work was completed in a satisfactory manner.
Call Today for more Information 201-433-1888!
Weatherization Press Release - December 2011
What is an Energy Audit? (pdf)
Small Tips for Lowering Your PSE&G Bill (pdf)
Weatherization Referral Form (doc)